KESHI ACCEPTS OSAZE'S APOLOGY

Posted by Supersport.com on Sunday, April 6, 2014 Under: Feature Articles



Super Eagles head coach, Stephen Keshi has revealed that Stoke City attacker, Peter Odemwingie has apologised to him following his outbursts after he was excluded from Nigeria’s squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

The 32-year-old took to social networking site Twitter to voice his sentiments, criticising Keshi after it became clear he would not be going to South Africa for the 2013 Afcon with the Super Eagles.

Keshi said he had been speaking with the attacker following the controversial incident insisting that “there was never any problem between us”.

”Me and Osaze (Peter) have been speaking all the while when it was reported that we had issues. There was never any problem between us. It was the same thing with (Super Eagles captain), Joseph Yobo.

“It was just the media reporting that I had problems with Osaze and Yobo when we never had any problems at all,” Keshi declared during the media launch of the TomTom Go To Brasil national consumer promo/Editors' roundtable on Tuesday.

Odemwingie has not played for the Super Eagles since 29 February 2012 when he participated in an Africa Nations Cup qualifying game against Rwanda at the Stade Régional de Nyamirambo, Kigali.

Keshi hinted that all that may be about to change after he told the assembled media that the former West Bromwich Albion man had shown a contrite attitude in recent months.

“He (Odemwingie) has apologised to all Nigerians (who were hurt by his remarks on Twitter). He also said sorry to me. I have no problems with him. Everything is fine,” Keshi said.
Odemwingie earned his Nigeria debut in 2002 and has since scored nine goals in 55 appearances for the Super Eagles.



In : Feature Articles 



comments powered by Disqus